About the Journal
Jurnal Ilmu Fisika (JIF) translated Journal of Physical Science is a peer-reviewed open access journal on interdisciplinary studies of physics, and is published twice a year (March and September). JIF’s first issue was published in 2009 and it is made available in electronic form since March 2018 (Vol. 10, No.1). The journal publication is maintained by Jurusan Fisika (Department of Physics), Universitas Andalas, Padang, west Sumatra, Indonesia as the publisher. JIF works closely with Physical Society Indonesia (PSI) which provides editorial members, peer reviewers, and authors, it is a professional institution related to JIF's aims and scopes. Accepted papers are in English only. We welcome other language articles, subject to translation cost before publication acceptance.
Focus and Scope
JIF is available for free (open access) to all readers. The articles in JIF include developments and researches in Classical Physics, and Modern Physics (theoretical studies, experiments, and its applications). Subject areas suitable for publication include, but are not limited to the following fields:
- Nuclear and Radiation Physics
- Nuclear physics
- Medical Physics
- Reactor physics
- Radioactive waste
- Fuel element
- Radioisotopes and Radiopharmacy
- Neutron scattering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Physics
- Sensor System
- Control System
- Biomedical Engineering
- Nuclear Instrumentation
- Materials Physics
- Synthesis and Characteristic Technique
- Advanced Materials
- Low Temperature Physics
- Exotic Material
- Solar cell
- Nano material
- Theoretical and Computational Physics
- High Energy Physics
- Gravitation and Cosmology
- Nuclear and Particle Phenomenology
- Computational and Non-Linear Physics
- Earth and Atmospheric Physics
- Meteorology and Climatology
Below are the history of Jurnal Ilmu Fisika;
- The journal started its publication in 2009 as a printed version.
- JIF changed into a fully online business process since March 2018 (Vol. 10, No.1), and a new online review form was introduced.
- JIF and Physical Society Indonesia (PSI) came into an agreement on journal publication cooperation in 2020.
- JIF is registered in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) which was validated on August 31, 2020
- On March 12, 2022, the journal upgraded and migrated its content management systems from Open Journal Systems version 2 to version 3.
- On 19 July 2022, JIF submitted a synchronization of title of publications in the Indonesian ISSN National Center with those in the International Standard Serial Number International Centre, and on 20 July 2022, the Jurnal Ilmu Fisika was approved as the tittle of JIF in all ISSN databases.